People often stockpile their old Invisalign aligners trays just as a habit. But do they need to keep invisalign trays and for how long?
Clear aligners are one of the most popular new types of braces used to straighten teeth. Invisalign is the most recognised international brand that dentists use to provide clear aligners braces. But do you need to keep your Invisalign trays after you move to the next set?
Do I Keep Invisalign Trays?
1. Keep the most recent set of Invisalign trays. These are the ones you wore before the current set. This means if anything happens to your current set of trays you will have a set before to fall back on. People often lose Invisalign trays, break them by accident, or even have a family dog eat the trays (gross but it happens more than you think!)
2. As a memento. People like to collect crazy things – so why not collect your trays? Some people do, just make sure to clean them first
3. A craft project? I’ve yet to see a good one using old Invisalign aligners but maybe you can be the first.
4. Because your dentist might say to. If your orthodontist or dentist said to keep it, just do it! With that said..
So… I don’t really need to keep Invisalign trays?
For most people there is nothing gained by keeping the trays. The trays spent hundreds of hours in your mouth, so even with the best cleaning they are not hygienic. If you can’t think of a reason to keep them and your dentist or orthodontist hasn’t told you to – just bin them!
Only the last tray that you wore should be kept.
- When does Invisalign stop hurting? - June 25, 2017
- Why do I have a smelly tooth? How can I fix stop it smelling? - May 1, 2017
- Does Invisalign hurt? Do invisible braces hurt like normal braces? - March 12, 2017
- Six Best Celebrity Teeth Before and After Dental Makeovers - March 5, 2017
- Can You Straighten Teeth Without Braces? - February 19, 2017
- Best Valentine’s Day Teeth Images for Social Media - February 14, 2017
- How Many Wisdom Teeth Do People Have? - February 12, 2017
- I made a Tooth Crush Game App for iPhone and Android! - February 3, 2017
- Do I need To Keep Invisalign Trays Once They Are Done? - January 11, 2017
- A New Year Resolution To Make You Healthy, Happy, Attractive and SAVE MONEY? - January 1, 2017