Wisdom teeth are the third molars found at the back of the mouth. They are typically the slowest to develop of all the teeth and can appear at any time from 16-24 (though some people fall outside this range!)
Not everyone has wisdom teeth! Some people are lucky enough to be born without them – or have less than the four in total.
I found this video on YouTube showing a simple removal of a mildly (soft tissue only it looks like) impacted wisdom teeth. Awesome of the dentist to share this with the world!
WARNING: This is day to day for us but is a little graphic for those not used to medical procedures!
Wisdom Tooth Extraction Video
Wisdom teeth impactions can cause multiple problems, such as pain, infection, swelling, decay and loss of the neighboring teeth. We generally advise the preventative removal of impacted wisdom teeth before any of these problems can arise. Wisdom teeth become impacted when there is not enough space in the jaws. If addressed early, we can potentially stimulate growth of the jaws. Wisdom teeth removal is best done by a specialist oral and maxillofacial surgeon, who can preserve the neighboring teeth and repair the jaw in the surrounding areas.
From the awesome YouTube account of Paul Coceancig (https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCpjEitx8An2cm7cv5r3K22Q)
- Salt Water Mouthwash How To Make and Benefits - November 19, 2018
- How Many Wisdom Teeth Do People Have? - November 16, 2018
- When does Invisalign stop hurting? - September 30, 2018
- Parents Try Out This Elmo Brushing Teeth Song - September 23, 2018
- Top 21 Funniest Wisdom Teeth Memes - September 22, 2018
- 6 Natural Cures For Bad Breath - September 18, 2018
- Do I need To Keep Invisalign Trays Once They Are Done? - September 18, 2018
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction Video - August 13, 2018
- Video Showing How White Fillings Are Done - April 20, 2018
- What To Do If You Have Bad Breath - April 12, 2018