It is sad to know that a reported 20% of people hide their smile in photos because they are embarrassed about their smile! It is terrible that some people feel their teeth are not pretty enough too smile. One of the most common complaints is their teeth are too yellow. That’s probably why you are here looking for the best whitening toothpaste!
Many things can contribute to stained teeth, such as smoking, tea and coffee, certain foods, and tooth decay. Gum disease and medications can also result in stained teeth.
There are many options to whiten teeth such as veneers, in-chair whitening at the dentist, and bleaching gel with custom trays. However, the best and easiest way to start whitening teeth it to pick the right toothbrush and the best whitening toothpaste.
The Brush Is More Important Than The Paste
Special toothpastes can help to start the tooth whitening process, but nothing is as important as the brush itself. A good toothbrush can remove staining and debris on the outside of the tooth and can help return the tooth to be as white as it was previously.
I usually recommend and electric toothbrush. Simply using an electric toothbrush may save you thousands. My favourite is the Oral-B electric toothbrush series as the oscillating (back and forth) action removed a significant amount of plaque and buildup. This will help reduce the stain!
Don’t forget about decay and gum health
There are plenty of whitening toothpastes out there including charcoal pastes and strong options from brands such as Colgate or Crest. The most important thing to remember when choosing the best whitening toothpaste – is that they will only return the tooth to the original shade – not make them brighter!
If you do use a whitening toothpaste I suggest picking one that also has features that will fight against decay and gum disease. A popular option is the high-tech Rebrandt whitening toothpaste. It is the one I recommend out of the lot! It is my choice as the best whitening toothpaste.
If you want teeth that are even BRIGHTER after using the best whitening tooth paste
If the whitening paste and electric toothbrush are just not cutting it, you need to look into other whitening options such as at-home custom trays made by the dentist, veneers, or professional cleaning. These all work brilliantly – but why not pick up an electric toothbrush and whitening toothpaste and try the cheaper option first?
- The Top 3 Ways To Stop Tooth Decay In Kids - February 12, 2018
- The Top 6 Causes of Bad Breath - January 12, 2018
- What Is The Best Whitening Toothpaste? - December 1, 2017
- Brief Dental Implant History Infographic - August 25, 2017
- What Is A Dental Bridge? - July 8, 2017
- Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? - July 1, 2017
- When does Invisalign stop hurting? - June 25, 2017
- Why do I have a smelly tooth? How can I fix stop it smelling? - May 1, 2017
- Does Invisalign hurt? Do invisible braces hurt like normal braces? - March 12, 2017
- Six Best Celebrity Teeth Before and After Dental Makeovers - March 5, 2017