A dental bridge is used to fill a gap caused by missing teeth. It actually ‘bridges’ the gap between teeth to fill in the space. A dental bridge is mounted to either natural teeth or dental implants.
A dental bridge is some false teeth that are glued in permanently to fill in spaces. Gaps in teeth are filled by the bridge after it is glued in place. It creates a natural looking smile and gives strong teeth to chew on.
Dental bridges can look fantastic and often last a long time. They are made typically out of ceramics (porcelain) with or without a metal layer underneath. Dental bridges are custom made to match your particular tooth or implants. They are glued in using strong cement.
What are the benefits of a dental bridge
Dental bridges are used to achieve several goals
- a dental bridge can fill gaps and restore a smile. They replace unattractive gaps natural and beautiful teeth
- a dental bridge can make it easier to chew and eat
- Maintaining the shape of your face
- Stop the other teeth from moving or drifting into bad positions
What types of dental bridge are there?
Dental bridges can be mounted into teeth or onto implants. There are a few types of dental bridge that might be right for you
- Traditional bridge that is mounted to a tooth or implant at each end
- Cantilever bridge that is mounted to a single tooth or implant
- Maryland bridge is a different type of dental bridge that has wings that are stuck to the tooth in either side
All these type of dental bridges have specific uses that benefit different people. A dentist will be able to identified which type is correct to use in your mouth
What does a dental bridge cost?
Many things will change the cost of a dental bridge. Like all dental work find a quality local dentist you trust and organise for a quote before any work.
The cost of a dental bridge is effected by
- The materials used
- Bonding to teeth or placing implants
- Gum health
- Nerve health
- Jaw bone density
- Aesthetic zone or functional zone
- Number of teeth being replaced
A video that explains dental bridge procedures
- Salt Water Mouthwash How To Make and Benefits - November 19, 2018
- How Many Wisdom Teeth Do People Have? - November 16, 2018
- When does Invisalign stop hurting? - September 30, 2018
- Parents Try Out This Elmo Brushing Teeth Song - September 23, 2018
- Top 21 Funniest Wisdom Teeth Memes - September 22, 2018
- 6 Natural Cures For Bad Breath - September 18, 2018
- Do I need To Keep Invisalign Trays Once They Are Done? - September 18, 2018
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction Video - August 13, 2018
- Video Showing How White Fillings Are Done - April 20, 2018
- What To Do If You Have Bad Breath - April 12, 2018