People often wonder when when does Invisalign stop hurting? The answer depends on a few factors and the type of pain.
I’ve seen patients with clear aligners experience no pain from day one till treatment completion, but also have seen patients experience discomfort for days after each aligners change. Everyone is different!
I personally have used Invisalign and experienced two days of discomfort with my first aligners tray! My clear aligners hurt enough to consider taking a over the counter pain killer! Luckily this passed and each subsequent aligners was fine.
Clear aligners are one of the most popular new types of braces used to straighten teeth. Invisalign is the most recognised international brand that dentists use to provide clear aligners braces.
So when does Invisalign stop hurting?
- Typically one to two full days after an Invisalign tray change the feeling of tightness due to tooth movement decreases
- Many people say keeping the tray in for more than the recommended 22 hours helps the pain and discomfort pass more quickly
- Almost always any pain will be gone after two days
- If pain persists you need to contact your dentist or orthodontist! They are there to help and will be able to offer advice. Call the receptionist today if you are concerned, they are there to help!
- If the pain feels different to what you are expecting – it might be a tooth or gum trouble, keep your oral hygiene up and see your dentist or orthodontist
Just remember that tooth movement pain or discomfort is a sign that the treatment is working! People see amazing results from Invisalign treatment. So think about how amazing your smile is going to be and soldier on!
How was your experience with the pain from Invisalign? Comment below to share!
- Brief Dental Implant History Infographic - August 25, 2017
- What Is A Dental Bridge? - July 8, 2017
- Why Do We Have Wisdom Teeth? - July 1, 2017
- When does Invisalign stop hurting? - June 25, 2017
- Why do I have a smelly tooth? How can I fix stop it smelling? - May 1, 2017
- Does Invisalign hurt? Do invisible braces hurt like normal braces? - March 12, 2017
- Six Best Celebrity Teeth Before and After Dental Makeovers - March 5, 2017
- Can You Straighten Teeth Without Braces? - February 19, 2017
- Best Valentine’s Day Teeth Images for Social Media - February 14, 2017
- How Many Wisdom Teeth Do People Have? - February 12, 2017