Electric toothbrushes can be an amazing to help keep your teeth clean and polished. They are increasing in popularity year after year. Electric toothbrushes are a very popular christmas gift or stocking stuffer! So whether you received electric toothbrush for christmas or grabbed a new one yourself – you will need to know how to best use your new electric toothbrush.
The BEST Way To Use Electric Toothbrush (The Basics)
- Make sure your electric toothbrush is a good quality brand with a soft toothbrush head. Don’t go for gimmicky heads – stick with the basics!
- Brush at least twice daily for at least two minutes
- DON’T SCRUB – Electric toothbrushes do the hard work for you. Allow the brush to work it’s magic.
- Create a system, and follow it. Consistency is key. Divide the mouth into four quadrants. Start in the upper right, clean the insides, outsides and tops of ALL the teeth in this quadrant before moving on.
How To Use Electric Toothbrush (The Step-by-Step)
- Make sure the brush is fully charged.
- Place a pea-sized amount of your toothpaste onto the brush head
- Set a timer for 2 minutes (Your brush may have this in-built or on a display. Otherwise use your smartphone or a clock)
- Turn the brush on once it is in your mouth
- Start in the Upper RIGHT hand side.
- Clean the outsides of these teeth, holding the brush and allowing it to do the cleaning. A few seconds per surface
- Clean the tops and insides.
- Do 30 seconds for these surfaces.
- Next the Upper LEFT hand side.
- Follow the same procedure, for 30 seconds
- Lower LEFT now
- Lower RIGHT teeth
- Spit out the toothpaste but do not rinse
- Wash the toothbrush head
- Place it on the charger
- Enjoy your smile.
How To Use Electric Toothbrush Video
Oral-B has this informative instructional video that helps show best practice use for electric toothbrush. No matter the brand, the principles in this video will show you how to use electric toothbrush.