Does Invisalign hurt? We know that other type of braces can hurt, but what about the invisible braces? When you get Invisalign or clear aligners you should not necessarily expect to feel pain or discomfort. Some people do however get a surprising amount of pain or soreness. Usually this discomfort is a great sign that the Invisalign is working!! But you should try and figure out what type of pain is happening to figure out how to fix it!
So Does Invisalign hurt? The types of discomfort people feel with invisible braces
Clear aligners are one of the most popular new types of braces used to straighten teeth. Invisalign is the most recognised international brand that dentists use to provide clear aligners braces. Three different type of pain or discomfort that people with Invisalign can get are
1. Tooth movement and aligners fitting pain – feeling pressure is a sign that your Invisalign is working. You might get pain in all teeth, or just in certain areas. The discomfort might also just be when you take them in and out. These are all normal and although not enjoyable, will improve with time
2. Rubbing against cheek or tongue. The soft tissues in the mouth can be rubbed against by Invisalign. Not everyone gets this but it can be annoying! Your dentist should give you some advice on how to deal with this if you ask them. Invisalign themselves suggest using a nail filing board to gently soften any sharp edges
3. Discomfort when eating (when the trays are not in). You may experience tooth pain without having the trays in. This is due to the Invisalign working and the teeth moving. It’s like having very small bruises near the teeth that can hurt when you bite on them heavily. If his does happen, chew softer foods or use other teeth for heavy biting
Just remember that tooth movement pain or discomfort is a sign that the treatment is working! People see amazing results from Invisalign treatment. So think about how amazing your smile is going to be and soldier on! And be sure to keep your most recent tray!
How was your experience with the pain from Invisalign? Comment below your experience!
- Bad Breath After Wisdom Tooth Extraction - April 5, 2019
- Salt Water Mouthwash How To Make and Benefits - November 19, 2018
- How Many Wisdom Teeth Do People Have? - November 16, 2018
- When does Invisalign stop hurting? - September 30, 2018
- Parents Try Out This Elmo Brushing Teeth Song - September 23, 2018
- Top 21 Funniest Wisdom Teeth Memes - September 22, 2018
- 6 Natural Cures For Bad Breath - September 18, 2018
- Do I need To Keep Invisalign Trays Once They Are Done? - September 18, 2018
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction Video - August 13, 2018
- Video Showing How White Fillings Are Done - April 20, 2018