Dental implants can be used to replace missing teeth. We are lucky that dental implant technology has improved so much! Check out this infographic on the brief history of dental implant.
Dental implants that integrate with the jawbone are pretty amazing. There is a whole lot of complex science that goes into the simple concept of screwing an implant into bone. This infographic gives a brief overview of some of the history of implants!
The most important breakthrough came when Branemark released a paper in 1977 establishing osseointegration. This meant he discovered a type of metal that human bone actually grows into! This allowed much more stability and the modern dental implant was born. He actually first placed a Titanium implant into a volunteer patient over ten years earlier, but needed longer to better research and gather evidence.
Modern dental implants can be used to replace a single tooth, or a whole arch of teeth! Sometimes we can place a tooth onto an implant straight away. Other times we need to wait weeks or months! Technology is constantly improving but there is still a way to go.
- Parents Try Out This Elmo Brushing Teeth Song - September 23, 2018
- Top 21 Funniest Wisdom Teeth Memes - September 22, 2018
- 6 Natural Cures For Bad Breath - September 18, 2018
- Do I need To Keep Invisalign Trays Once They Are Done? - September 18, 2018
- Wisdom Tooth Extraction Video - August 13, 2018
- Video Showing How White Fillings Are Done - April 20, 2018
- What To Do If You Have Bad Breath - April 12, 2018
- How Much Sugar In Drinks Infographics - March 12, 2018
- The Top 3 Ways To Stop Tooth Decay In Kids - February 12, 2018
- The Top 6 Causes of Bad Breath - January 12, 2018